Senior Sous Chef
Our client is searching for an experienced Senior Sous Chef, to contribute to the team success and training of the rest of the team.
The perfect candidate will have a minimum of 2 years working experience as a Snr Sous Chef or 4-5 years as a Jnr Sous Chef at a 5* establishment or similar kitchen environment.
Key Performance Ares of this position:
· Responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen for 5 star standards.
· Will be involve in a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well keeping and eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice.
· Understand the importance of hygiene and safety measures in a kitchen and implement
· Understand and be familiar with food cost, orders, stock take and FIFO stock control
· Have good people and kitchen management skills.
· Need to effectively discipline underperforming staff members, as well as provide incentives for staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles.
· Responsible for staff scheduling.
· Lots of administrative work which are taking up to a quarter of his or her work hours.
· Reporting directly to the executive head chef, the successful sous chef will quickly amass an in-depth familiarity with the kitchen’s operations so that they may fill in for the executive chef when needed and assist them in resolving any problems that may arise on the job.
· Be able to draw their considerable experience as a culinary chef who has worked in many different roles and settings in order to effectively coach and mentor junior chefs.
· English – well spoken
· Customer Focussed
· Computer literate on MS Word, Excel and GAAP (POS system)
· Drivers license
· Good knowledge of food and beverage service